The Calendar of Queer Saints and Martyrs for the full year now lists only the most important of the large number that could be included – “most important”: those widely recognized as saints, and also with good reason to be described as in some sense queer.
The monthly pages provide a more comprehensive listing of queer people in church history, including some lesser figures, some for whom the descriptor “queer” is more speculative, and some who were clearly were not saints. All are important for illustrating some part of queer Christian history.
- Feb 1st
- St Brigid (Jesus in Love Blog)
- Feb 9th
- Apollonia, woman deacon (Womenpriests.org)
- Feb 12th
- St Mary /Marinos of Alexandria, Cross-dressing Saint? (LGBT Catholic Handbook)
- Feb 13th
- Polyeuct (and Nearchus): Brothers by affection (Jesus in Love Blog)
- Feb 14th: Valentine’s Day
- Same – Sex Lovers in Church History
- Saint Valentine: Marriage equality role model (Jesus in Love Blog)
- Feb 20
- Marcella Althaus-Reid, “Indecent Theologian”
- Peter Damian?
- Feb 22nd
- Fr Robert Carter, Priest and Gay Activist (Queer Saints & Martyrs)
- Feb 23rd
- St Gorgonia , woman deacon (Womenpriests.org)
- Feb 28th
- Rev Peter Gomes: Gay, Black, Baptist, Republican. (Queer Saints & Martyrs)